Social Media has become a big part of modern culture.
Even if you don't use it to post personal messages or thoughts, many people use it to keep abreast with the latest news and trends. And just like it connects people in their personal lives it also connects people professionally.
Your LinkedIn profile should be an important part of your career strategy. Having an up-to-date, professional profile is a brilliant way to create an online presence and have a solid platform where people can review your CV and experience. It's also the place where you should be sharing your past career experience, showing your skills acquisitions, and updates of your progress within your career.
Here are 12 ways to make LinkedIn one of your greatest allies in finding your dream job (other than EAW, of course):
- Make sure that you use a professional picture that shows you at your best and in a professional pose.
- Spend time completing your profile so that it is the best reflections of who you are and what you can offer.
- Make sure you keep your profile current and update it regularly.
- Don't use it as a social network - that is what Facebook is for
- Don't decline invites, if you are unsure of an invite rather archive it
- Q & A Forums - answer questions to build up your network and interact with others.
- Let your reputation, knowledge and community sell for you - avoid sales talk. Intelligent relevancy is the name of the game.
- Find other people in the same industry using groups and build up your connections.
- Find and reconnect with colleagues and classmates - this will help you build on your connections.
- Use LinkedIn to learn about potential employers and build on your industry knowledge.
- Search for job opportunities with employers that interest you.
- Before an interview, use LinkedIn to learn more about a potential employer, their news and the types of employees that work for them.
Build your career with LinkedIn and EAW
EAW is all about finding candidates the best job to suit their personality and ability. LinkedIn is the best platform to help you build your career. Call EAW today: 011 793 6780 to advance your career today.