Managing Millennials with these simple tips will help you reap the benefits of their generation's unique characteristics traits. Now that you have read our previous blog on what Millennials are you are probably wondering how to tap into their unique personality traits so that you can help them reach their full potential. Here are ten tips to help:
- Establish structure by ensuring that procedures and deadlines are in place. Make sure that objectives are clearand progress is assessed.
- Provide leadership and guidance. Millennials want to look up to you, learn from you, and receive daily feedback from you. Spend time teaching and coaching them.
- Give their role meaning - Millennials are motivated by a sense of progress, the opportunity to be creative, and a sense that what they are doing is for the greater good.
- Encourage a 'work-hard, play-hard' mindset, this will help them to establish a good work life balance so that they feel happy and fulfilled
- Give them a clear career path - show them that there is room for growth and promotion if they put the work and effort in.
- Get to the bottom of what motivates them. Millennials want more than just a good salary, they want to live with purpose.
- Encourage their self-assuredness and "can-do" attitude. Their parents told them they can do anything. Encourage them, don't squash them or contain them.
- Encourage team work - Millennials thrive in teams and believe a team can accomplish more.
- Integrity and business ethics are key - make sure that you business has a culture of honesty and does business with integrity.
- Make sure that you have the latest technology in place. Millennials have the technology know-how to make the most of technology that can boost productivity and make them more efficient.
Call EAW today: 011 793 6780 to find the right Millennial for your business.